Day 363: Children’s Health Fund
I’m in the process of moving to a new apartment and lots of things are ending this week, which means I am completing goals and freeing myself up for new adventures. April 22nd is the last day of Living Philanthropic: Year One and April 24th is the last performance of El Nogalar at the Goodman. I look forward to what the future holds for me. Day 363’s charity is dedicated to improving health care for children most in need to help them live long and healthy lives to pursue their dreams.
Children’s Health Fund, co-founded in 1987 by singer/songwriter Paul Simon and pediatrician/child advocate Irwin Redlener, MD, is committed to providing health care to the nation’s most medically underserved children through:
- the development and support of innovative, comprehensive primary care programs,
- reducing the impact of public health crises on vulnerable children, and
- promoting the health and well-being of all children
The Fund works specifically to:
- Support a national network of pediatric programs in some of the nation’s most disadvantaged rural and urban communities;
- Ensure support of its flagship pediatric programs for homeless and other medically underserved children in New York City;
- Advocate for policies and programs which will ensure access to medical homes that provide comprehensive and continuous health care for all children; and
- Educate the general public about the needs and barriers to health care experienced by disadvantaged children.
Amount Donated: $5
To support Children’s Health Fund, please visit: http://www.childrenshealthfund.org